OVER
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GSC voice app

Go down

GSC voice app Empty GSC voice app

Post  CaptCrumb Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:09 am

This is another voice app that I cam across that seems popular, and is also free.

Here is a snippet of the sites description of the software...

"With GSC, you can pick from anyone of 12 worldwide datacenters to host your own free voice server. Get full rights to create subchannels, kick and ban users, and personalize your voice server. Plus, your settings are always saved - the voice chat room doesn't disappear when you log off!"

I cant give any recommendations beyond that though as I haven't tried it, but it seems to go down well with some games players that need a chat app while playing games and is an alternative option to those that don't use Ventrillo for example.

Anyway, find it here...

http://www.getgsc.com/
CaptCrumb
CaptCrumb
Admin

Back to top Go down

GSC voice app Empty Plz Wait for more information

Post  Guest Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:24 am

This is an awesome find Capt and i went to the site and downloaded and am creating server now with our name. I am tech challanged so give me a few minutes but may be they will just need to download (which was easy 2 secs) and get on the server i am making? will keep you posted. Thanks for all the stuff you do for us here Smile any guild house info updates and links would be great too Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Laughing lol!

Back to top Go down

GSC voice app Empty Ok we have ANGELSRAGE chat room

Post  Guest Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:57 am

I made a chat room there on GCS that seems to be holding so looks like we can all go to that just download GCS and on the voicetab it will list our chat room. There are more options like adding a clan and other things we can do but I need you Capt for that i tried to add ANGELSRAGE as a clan but didn't know some things like our domain name....i don't think we have one actually do we? i did add our guild forum address under webpage but none of it stuck because the screen went byebye.

Back to top Go down

GSC voice app Empty Do you need this?

Post  Guest Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:59 am

This is the address they gave me for the ANGELSRAGE chat room we own now in case you need it. gsc://join:8.6.193.112:8070/

Back to top Go down

GSC voice app Empty Installation info...

Post  CaptCrumb Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:53 am

Here is more installation help on getting GSC running as provided by AVA, I duplicated the post here in case anyone missed it in the announcements section...

NEW NOTICE ON GSC

Post by Avalea on Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:05 am

We mentioned GSC in a previous post (https://angelsrage.forumotion.net/useful-links-to-resources-f9/gsc-voice-app-t80.htm#285) but the overall response to it has been rather lackluster.. so Triggs has gotten the server up and running and I have been looking at fine-tuning the client for best options on the user's side for performance...

With us doing the guild event battle every week, and various dungeons run, it would be of great help if everyone considered downloading this.. as it's set-up isn't too far different from Ventrilio, I can help anyone with issues to get it running well (these days you'll find me on either Kythsara or Toyotomi) and if you are familiar with another chat client, you'll prolly make the transition fairly easy... we've opted for this client because it has good sound quality, it's free, and it can host up to 200 users at once, and soon we'll have multiple channels (including officer, pvp, multiple dungeon channels) for convience.. here's some installation notes to help you get started:

-Website page is http://www.getgsc.com/
- Download the GSC 2.0 version
- Run it once, as it'll need to update a few files before it's ready
- Once it's fully updated, you'll look for an option to find voice servers, and it'll ask for address and port # which are Address:8.6.193.112 Port #: 8070 or you can click the web link gsc://join:8.6.193.112:8070/ to go directly to it (altho I haven't figured out how to save it to your personal server lists by the 2nd option) and if you still can't find the server, another user can invite you to the server once your user name is known ^^
- at first, you might be a bit overwhelmed by all the options, but there really isn't much aside from personal preference that needs to be changed from it's default set-up, i.e. it's already to go! =D as you get more comfortable with it, you can always play with settings to find what works best for you Wink (Edit: one of the settings you may wish to change early on is the "Push-To-Talk" or "Voice Activation" option for when your mic is active.. the default for this is set to Push-To-Talk/Left Control Button, so when testing if your mic is working keep that in mind... once you have logged onto the voice server, at the top are 5 tabs, and if you select Audio, you'll see an additional option called Audio Settings. Then you'll see a options menu, and on the far left, the 2nd tab down will be one more Audio tab... clicking it will allow you to either select Voice Activation or change the button used for Push-To-Talk [highly recommended, since Shaiya over-rides the button map, and you need to use a button like "Left Alt" so that GSC works properly]).

Last thing of note, if you are uncomfortable with voice, that's ok! You're not forced to talk on it, most guild just want all members to be able to hear the raid leaders instructions.. you'd be surprised how quick runs can go when the tank, healer, and puller can all communicate quickly... and it's fun once you join in the conversation. Very Happy
CaptCrumb
CaptCrumb
Admin

Back to top Go down

GSC voice app Empty Re: GSC voice app

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum